Update: Now Announcing the Winners!
We are proud to announce the winners for our Summer 2021 flash fiction contest. For first place, we have Rhonda Eikamp’s “The Things You Will See,” which can be read here. For second place, we have Georgia Cook’s “Choosing a New Face,” which can be read here. For third place, we have JP Relph’s “Rebellion,” which can be read here. Thank you to everyone who participated.
For our upcoming issue of The Fantastic Other, we will be hosting our second annual flash fiction contest! The first place winner will be awarded fifty USD. The first, second, and third place winners will have their stories featured on our website and be published in the summer issue. The deadline to submit is August 16th, 11:59 EST. Rules for the contest are as follows:
- Entries should be fiction submissions of five-hundred words or fewer.
- Entries should honor the magazine’s core theme. We want something fantastic, bizarre, astonishing, or all of those things. Genre fiction is also encouraged, so long as it’s artful.
- Entries should follow the other rules listed in our general submissions page.
- Prize money will be awarded via Paypal.
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com, with the words “flash fiction contest” in the title of the email.
Editor's Note: We recently changed the submission deadline to August 16th. Though we informed contributors via email, it wasn't previously updated to the webpage. We apologize for the confusion.
Support The Fantastic Other Magazine
We at The Fantastic Other will never require you to pay to submit your work; we believe that the time and effort that authors and artists put into their work should be respected. It is our goal to one day be able to pay every one of our contributors. To help keep us showcasing the fantastic work we receive, you can make a voluntary donation via Paypal here.